Chococo Co-Founder Claire’s Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
Tantalise your taste buds and enjoy your very own Chococo treats at home with this Chococo recipes. Created by Co-Founder Claire, this Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is sure to keep the whole family happy this winter.
250ml milk, whole or semi-skimmed
25g good quality 70% dark chocolate, chopped
1 tsp dulce de leche caramel
1/10 tsp crushed sea salt (or a large pinch)
Optional to serve:
2 tbsp whipping cream
Flaked dark chocolate
If you are going to top your hot chocolate with cream and flaked chocolate, prepare these first.
1. Claire recommends whisking a small amount of fresh whipping cream by hand to soft peaks rather than using canned cream, but you can use that sort of cream if you want.
2. To flake the chocolate, run a knife along the back of the rest of the bar of chocolate in short sharp motions to create simple flakes.
3. For the hot chocolate itself, put the chopped chocolate and two tbsp of the milk into a small, heavy-based pan and warm gently to melt the chocolate into the milk.
4. Use a small balloon whisk to stir this mixture into a smooth paste and, once the chocolate has all melted, add the rest of the milk, the caramel and salt.
5. Keep whisking the mixture to help melt the caramel. The moment it starts to boil, remove from the heat and whisk vigorously to make a foam.
6. Pour your foaming hot chocolate into your mug, top with cream and chocolate flakes, and enjoy!
For more tantalising Chococo recipes visit: chococo.co.uk