The first thing to do is call our DOMVS Lettings team, who will be happy to discuss with you what you are looking for in your next property. Below are some things you may need to consider:
Get in Touch
- When would you like to move? We recommend starting your search six to eight weeks before your ideal move-in date.
- What would your ideal location and property look like? Would you prefer a contemporary seaside apartment to a cosy countryside thatch?
- If you are moving into the area, we are more than happy to share our local ‘know-how’ to help you narrow down your search criteria.
- Write yourself a ‘must have’ list and have a serious think about the things that you would be prepared to compromise on.
- What is your budget? Be sure to allow for bills, insurance and travel costs in your plan. How much would you be prepared to pay for the right property?
Drawing up a Shortlist
- We welcome you to browse our extensive collection of rental properties currently on the market.
- We will introduce you to the properties that best match your requirements and invite you to arrange a time to have a look around.
- Once we have your shortlist, we will accompany you on the viewings and answer any questions you may have.
- Consider whether the utility bills for this property are likely to be different to where you are currently living. Do your sums.
- The Lettings market moves quickly, so when you find ‘the one’ don’t delay, put in your application straight away.
Your Application is Accepted
- Congratulations! You’re almost there.
- Once your application has been accepted, we will complete an offer form with you confirming your details and the rental agreed, together with any special terms. You will now be required to pay a reference fee of £75.00 inc VAT per applicant (over the age of 18) and an administration fee (£180.00 inc VAT) per property. This fee includes negotiating the terms of the tenancy and all the necessary paperwork including the Tenancy Agreement. These fees are non-refundable should you wish to withdraw your application. Please note, however, should your application be refused either by DOMVS, the Landlord or our referencing company, the administration fee will be refunded.
- At this stage, we will need to carry out a right2rent check. Please check with us which documents you will need to bring with you to be checked and verified.
- In some cases, a guarantor may be required. Should this be the case, a guarantor charge of £75.00 inc VAT will be payable.
- The granting of a tenancy is dependent on approved references. Once these have been received, we will confirm your move-in date and send out our Let’s Pack and Invoice confirming the amount you need to pay prior to collecting the keys.
Collecting the Keys and Move-In Day
- Once your payment has been received (administration fee, deposit, first month’s rent, referencing and inventory fees) and the tenancy agreement has been signed, your keys will be available for you.
- You will be given a copy of your inventory at your check-in. Please read this carefully and confirm that you agree with the document. If you have any queries or comments, please raise these with us as soon as possible.
- You will need to inform all utility providers that you are the new Tenant at the property and change all accounts to your name as soon as possible.
- Now its time to celebrate and start unpacking the mountain of boxes! Welcome to your new home.
During My Tenancy – Who to Contact
Property managed by DOMVS:
Dripping tap? Temperamental shower? Feel free to contact your property manager at DOMVS at any point during your tenancy. We are on hand to answer any questions or queries and to instruct professional contractors if required.
If your property is managed by your Landlord:
Make sure you get in touch with them shortly after you’ve moved in to introduce yourself. If, at any point, you have any maintenance issues, you can contact your Landlord directly and they will be on hand to assist you.