Chococo Goldies from Chococo Co-Founder Claire Burnet
Tantalise your taste buds and enjoy your very own Chococo treats at home with this Chococo recipe. Created by Co-Founder Claire, these Chococo Goldies are sure to keep the whole family happy.
Serves four to eight.
• 22cm square cake tin lined with greaseproof paper
• 200g plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp sea salt, crushed
• 200g light soft brown sugar
• 175g unsalted butter, melted
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 140g gold chocolate buttons (or white chocolate buttons if you can’t get gold)
• 50g dark chocolate (60-70% cocoa solids), chopped
• 25g cocoa nibs or chopped nuts, e.g. pecans/walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Melt the butter in a bowl in the microwave (in short bursts to prevent burning) or in a pan on a gentle heat, then set aside to cool.
3. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add the baking powder and salt and stir to combine.
4. Add approx. 80% of your chocolate buttons and nibs/nuts to the mixture and stir in.
5. In a separate large bowl, whisk the cooled melted butter and sugar together by hand using a balloon whisk.
6. Add the beaten eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture and whisk by hand until all blended and slightly lighter in colour.
7. Add the flour to the wet ingredients and gently fold it using a wooden spoon or spatula. Do not beat or work this too much – gently does it!
8. Pour the batter into your prepared tin. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate buttons and nibs/nuts on top of the batter and gently press them in using the back of a metal spoon.
9. Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. A skewer should come out mostly clean, but if you prefer a firmer, more cake-like consistency, cook it for a few minutes longer.
10. Leave to cool before cutting into slices. It will make 12 to 16 slices, depending on how hungry your hordes are.
For more tantalising Chococo recipes, visit: chococo.co.uk