Yes, there is still time to sell your home by Christmas! In fact, there are many buyers looking at this time of year! However, there are 6 tips which you must take into account if you wish to have everything concluded by Christmas.
- You must ensure your agent is able to promote your property in the right places.
- A blanket approach to marketing does not work. Normally this has the effect of saturating the market which puts people off. The key is that your agent targets their energy towards your anticipated buyer, and can reach them accordingly.
- Your property needs to stand out
- The market is difficult, there is still high demand from buyers; however there is little new stock coming to the market. Your home therefore needs to stand out from the crowd. It is important to think about the photography, multimedia usage, and the style of presentation – both physical and virtual.
- This does not mean selling your home for less than you’d like. However, you must think strategically about price, for it may be better to advertise at a lower price and ask your agent to negotiate on any offers received. Moreover, you could try strategies such as informal tender, which your agent will be able to discuss further.
- Be selective about your buyer
- It is even more important when time is of the essence to ensure that your buyer is committed and in a position to move. This means your agent must vet potential buyers thoroughly, and be able to substantiate their claims.
- Ensure you’ve chosen a proactive agent
- The least glamorous part of our job is often the most important. Your agent needs to ‘stay on top’ of the sale and make sure solicitors, surveyors, and the rest of the chain are all working together.
- Think about the chain and your onward plans
- What concessions are you prepared to make for your buyer? What can you do to help speed the process along?
By following these tips, you could look forward to decorating your new home this Christmas!