DOMVS is pleased to offer this EARLY-BIRD OPPORTUNITY to reserve one of seven apartments and one penthouse with PARKING, on offer in this QUIET-BUT-CENTRAL LOCATION. PRICES RANGE from £190,000 to £390,000. BOOK NOW TO VIEW THE NEWLY FURNISHED PENTHOUSE.
The Old Rectory once formed part of the original historic County Hospital, designed in Jacobean style by renowned architect Benjamin Ferry. In the 19th and 20th centuries, the hospital garnered much financial support from wealthy local businessmen, members of parliament, the nobility, and even royalty! In the early 20th Century, two notable sons of Dorset, poet Thomas Hardy and royal surgeon Sir Frederick Treves, were said to be keen supporters of the hospital. In more recent years, The Old Rectory was utilised as a school of nursing and as one of Dorchesters premier health clubs.
This sense of history is evident within this elegant development, with the period detailing sensitively preserved. Each of the apartments has been carefully designed, creating a unique sense of place. Offering outstanding standards of style and finish, the light and airy interiors provide contemporary open-plan living together with the exceedingly rare advantage of private parking.
A range of contemporary kitchen units with kitchen accessories by leading German brand Blanco, including:
• Chrome monobloc mixer tap
• Silgranit sink and drainer
• Stainless steel undermounted sink (penthouse)
• Concealed self-circulating hood (apts 1-4)
• Self-circulating stainless steel chimney hood (apts 5-7)
• Island unit with electrical sliding roof light over (penthouse)
• Stainless steel splashback
Appliances by AEG, to include:
• Four-ring induction hob with stainless steel splashback
• Stainless steel single oven (pyrolytic in penthouse)
• Compact oven with microwave function (penthouse)
• Integrated dishwasher
• Integrated washing machine
• Integrated fridge/freezer (70/30)
• Grey Bardolina oak-effect worktop with matching upstand
• Pietra quartz worktop (penthouse)
UTILITY ROOM (penthouse)
Appliances by AEG, to include:
• Freestanding tumble dryer
• Freestanding washing machine
• Blanco chrome monobloc mixer tap
• Silgranit single bowl sink and drainer
• High-quality white sanitary ware
• Complimentary ceramic tiling to walls and floor
• Polished chrome taps and fittings
• Thermostatic showers over baths and in shower cubicles
• Chrome ladder-style towel rail
• Shaver point in bathroom and en-suite
SECURITY & PEACE-OF-MIND
• Smoke and heat detectors installed on mains circuit with battery back-up
• Ten-year CRL warranty
• Telephone intercom entry system
• NICEIC electrical warranty
• GASSAFE gas warranty including boilers
• Ten-year window guarantee
• Residents building entry key fob system
ELECTRICAL FITTINGS & HOME ENTERTAINMENT
• Downlights to kitchen and living areas
• Pendant ceiling lights to bedrooms and hallway
• Satellite TV outlet plate in living room and TV points to master bedroom
• Communal digital TV system
• Telephone points to hall and living room
• White electrical face plates to switches and sockets
• Traditional six-panel painted doors with polished brass door furniture (satin nickel in penthouse)
• Smooth plastered walls and ceilings
• Ceramic floor tiles to kitchen area and bathrooms
• Fitted carpet to remainder of apartment
• Gas fired central heating
• Wall mounted thermostats and thermostatic radiator valves
• Allocated car parking space
• Bin store
• External lights to front and rear with sensor activation
Within touching distance of the heart of Dorchester, but also the countryside, the Old Rectory is perfectly placed to enjoy either a relaxing or active lifestyle. The county town of Dorchester is steeped in history and enjoys some of the county's most noted period architecture, including, of course, the Old Rectory, all set amongst beautiful rural countryside with easy access to the Jurassic coast. Amenities are plentiful, and Dorchester enjoys no less than eight museums, dialect trails through the town's shops and cafes, and one of Europes largest Iron Age forts (Maiden Castle). The town also has a lively cultural scene, two cinemas, an arts centre and a range of markets and festivals, together with clubs and associations representing every interest. Equally, there are superb transport connections, with Dorchester South railway station trailing a blaze to London and the south-east, and Dorchester West railway station taking you to Bristol and beyond. There is also a regular bus service within walking distance of The Old Rectory.
From the DOMVS Dorchester office, proceed left up High West Street, taking the first left into Alington Street. At the end of the road continue straight across into Somerleigh Road. Turn first right and you will see The Old Rectory ahead of you.
Please refer to brochure or contact the Dorchester Office Tel: 01305 757300.
Photos appearing are of the SHOW HOME
Our Lettings Department is available to provide experienced assistance should this be relevant with your purchase; please contact 01305 757300.
DOMVS and their Clients give notice that: they have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary Planning, Building Regulation or other consents, and DOMVS have not tested any services, equipment, or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. DOMVS is a member of The Property Ombudsman scheme and subscribe to The Property Ombudsman Code of Practice.