GUIDANCE NOTES FOR PROSPECTIVE TENANTS
1. Once you have found a suitable property through Domvs a reference fee of £75.00 inc VAT per applicant and an administration fee of £180.00 Inc. VAT per property is payable upon receiving a completed application. This fee includes negotiating the terms of the tenancy and all the necessary paperwork including the tenancy agreement. These fees are non-refundable should you wish to withdraw your application. Please note however, should your application be refused either by Domvs, the Landlord or our Referencing Company the administration fee will be refunded.
2. The granting of a Tenancy will be subject to approved references which may be collated by our Referencing Company and in some cases a guarantor may be required. Full financial references will then be required for the guarantor at a charge of £75.00 inc VAT), a Deed of Guarantee will also have to be signed by the guarantor.
3. All tenants and guarantors must provide proof of (photographic) identification and proof of residency.
4. A Deposit will be required (usually equivalent to six weeks rent) this will be payable prior to the commencement of the tenancy and is held for the duration of the tenancy. The deposit will be registered with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) www.depositprotection.com, within 30 days of the commencement of the Tenancy, or receipt of the deposit whichever is earlier. For further information on Tenancy Deposit Protection please click on the website www.communities.gov.uk/tenancydeposit. Please note that no interest will be paid on the deposit.
5. The deposit and first month's rent must be paid to us either in Cash, Bankers Draft or Building Society Cheque. If paying by personal cheque we require 7 working days for this to clear prior to the commencement of the tenancy. The tenancy cannot commence until cleared funds have been received
6. All properties are let on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy basis unless otherwise agreed.
7. Should a Tenancy be renewed for a further fixed term, a renewal fee will be payable. This fee is currently £60.00 inc VAT
8. Rent is payable monthly in advance by Standing Order direct to Domvs (if we are Managing the property) or direct to the Landlord for our Let Only Service. Rent is always due on a given date, a Late Payment charge will be made should the rental be 7 or more days late. This fee is £25.00 per letter sent.
9. All property rents exclude water/sewerage charges, gas, electricity, telephone, Council Tax and television licence, unless otherwise stated.
10. We recommend that you have adequate insurance to cover accidental damage to the Landlords fixtures and fittings.
11. Redress Scheme - Domvs Lettings is a member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme